Webinar And Book
Live Webinar September 16, 2011 – 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm EDT
Presented by: Linkage
Webinar Duration: 1 Hour Credits: 1 Category C PDU Free
Book – Earn Up to 7 PDUs for reading Courage Goes to Work: How to Build Backbones, Boost Performance, & Get Results 284 pages
Hover over this link to hear Bill Treasurer speak about his book. 3 min 39 Sec
Courage Goes To Work gives the conviction that ordinary individuals can achieve extraordinary results. – Joe Forehand, retired Chairman and CEO of Accenture
Please NOTE: The Video shows Bill High Diving while on fire.
Though long overdue, women are increasingly moving into leadership roles. Consequently, women have more opportunities to shape the workplace in a meaningful way.
Making the most of those opportunities will take persistence, persuasiveness, and leadership. It will also take courage.
This webinar will highlight courage as the most important leadership virtue, and provide strategies that women can apply in workplace settings to broaden their leadership influence. Specific examples about courageous women leaders will be used to illustrate the concepts.
In this session, you will learn:
- Why courage is essential to career and organizational success
- Current data about the debilitating impacts of fear on performance
- Examples of courageous women at work
- The differences between two different leadership dispositions, Fillers (encouragement) and Spillers (discouragement)
- Tips on how women can be more courageous at work, and how they can inspire more courageous behavior among those they lead
PDU Category C documentation details (for the Webinar or the Book):
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4- Integration 9 – Human Resources
- 4.3 Direct and Monitor Project Execution
- 9.3 Develop Project Team
- 9.4Â Manage Project Team
As a Category C â€˜Self Directed Learning Activityâ€™ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your â€˜PDU Audit Trail Folderâ€™
- How can you fill people with enough confidence that they’ll set aside their fears and do extraordinary things?
- What can you do to put courage to work for you and the people you lead?
Courage Goes to Work focuses on building workforce courage. Why? Because when courage goes to work, workers they take on more challenging or complex projects. When courage goes to work people actively seek out tasks that stretched their skills and capabilities. When courage goes to work speak up more frequently, forcefully, and truthfully. When courage goes to work people say â€œyesâ€ to company changes with more enthusiasm. When courage goes to work people are less risk-averse, less self-conscious, and less apathetic.
Courage Goes to Work categorizes courageous acts into three large â€œbuckets.â€ These courage buckets are:
- TRY Courage:TRY Courage is the courage of initiative and action. Itâ€™s what youâ€™re talking about when you say you want people to â€œstep up to the plateâ€. TRY Courage can be seen in â€œfirst attemptsâ€â€”for example, whenever you attempt a new, skill-stretching, or pioneering tasks. Volunteering to lead a tough or risky project is a demonstration of TRY Courage.
- TRUST Courage:TRUST Courage is the courage that it takes to relinquish control and rely on others. When you talk of wanting employees to embrace company changes more enthusiastically, it is TRUST Courage that you want people to have. When you have TRUST Courage, you give people the benefit of the doubt, instead of questioning the motives and intentions of those around you.
- TELL Courage:TELL Courage is the courage of â€œvoice,â€ and involves speaking with candor and conviction, especially when the opinions expressed run counter to the groupâ€™s. When your TELL Courage is activated, you assert yourself more willingly and confidently. Your TELL Courage is at work when you tactfully but truthfully provide tough feedback to others, or when you raise your hand and ask for help, or when you fess up about mistakes youâ€™ve made before others find out.
About Bill Treasurer- Bill Treasurer is founder of Giant Leap Consulting, and the author of Courage Goes to Work: How to Build Backbones, Boost Performance, and Get Results, an internationally bestselling book about how to build workforce courage. Bill is widely recognized as pioneer in the new organizational development practice of â€œcourage-building.â€Â Bill is also a former member of the U.S. High Diving Team, and performed over 1500 high dives from heights that scaled to over 100 feet. His insights about workplace courage have been featured in over 100 national newspapers and magazines.
Bill has worked with many renowned organization including, Accenture, NASA, Spanx, the US Forest Service, CDC, PNC Bank, Highmark, American Family Insurance, and the US Department of Veterans Affairs.