This course has 2 sessions, each offering a specific perspective:
- For Project Managers, CIOs, and CTOs
- For Testers, Developers, IT Managers
Presented by: PushToTest
September 21, 2011 10:00 am – 11:00 am – 12:30 pm EDT
Duration: 1.5 Hours For PMs CIOs and CTOs
Credits: 1.5 PDU Category C Free
September 22, 2011 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
Duration: 2 Hours For Testers Developers & IT Managers
Credits: 2 PDU Category C Free
Medium and large organizations are challenged to rapidly build, test, and operate always-on services. Our teams are feeling the effort when schedules are short, budgets are tight, standards are few, and much of this is new technology!
Find out how Franklin American Mortgage, Emma, Velos, Sportsbet, Sprint, Tribal DDB, PepsiCo, AMD, and NTT Verio succeed with open source test technology and methodology as a more affordable and flexible option to the proprietary test vendor.
This 1.5 hour Management or 2 hour Technical Webinar features Open Source Test (OST) including Selenium, soapUI, HTMLUnit, JUnit, TestMaker, dynaTrace, Glassbox, Spring, Collabnet TeamForge, and continuous integration tools.
At the Workshop you will learn how these tools were made to work together. For example, repurpose a Selenium test into a data-driven load test. Then learn how to analyze service interdependenices and their resource usage by viewing the application’s PurePath using dynaTrace. Look inside your Java enterprise application using Glassbox. Then integrate the solution into your continuous integration environment.
Special focus on the presentation for
PMs CIOs and CTOs
This Open Source Test Workshop is for senior IT and business executives needing visibility and management tools and methodology into all the demand for IT. The Workshop will answer your issues:
- How to mitigate the expense of running a QA lab.
- Learn our expert insight on the latest initiatives, including Cloud Computing, Application Monitoring, Application Development Using Ajax, and Continuous Integration.
- How to reduce the risk of service interruptions.
- Avoid Unplanned Downtime, reduce downtime costs, and increase your developer and tester productivity.
- How to orchestrate your team’s resources into a test that delivers actionable knowledge.
- How to get your developers, testers, and IT managers to work together towards service reliability.
- How to use a single approach to quality in Web applications, Rich Internet Applications (RIA, using Ajax, Flash, Flex) Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Business Process Management (BPM)
- Make smart decisions that put your team in a position to rapidly respond to service interruptions and functional and performance issues.
- How to add integrated project, demand and portfolio management to managing your organization’s projects across their lifecycles
(Click for the a deep technical dive Workshop for Selenium, soapUI, Sahi, HTMLUnit, JUnit, TestMaker, dynaTrace)
Click to register for the September 21st presentation of Ajax,SOA, WebService Applications Free Open Source Build and Test Workshop
Special focus on the presentation for
Testers, Developers, IT Managers
This Open Source Test Workshop is for QA testers, software developers, and network and server managers needing visibility, tools, and methodology into all the demand for IT. This is a deep-technical Workshop to answer your issues:
- How To Use Selenium in Rich Internet Application (RIA, using Ajax) Environments
- How To Build Test Suites of SOAP and REST-based Applications using soapUI
- How To Data Enable Selenium Tests Using TestMaker
- Testing in Flash/Flex Environments Using AMF Protocols
- Integrating TestMaker Tests Into Your Continuous Integration Environment
- How To Analyze Test Results Into Actionable Knowledge
- Using Glassbox and DynaTrace for Root Cause Analysis
PDU Category C documentation details:
Process Groups: Planning Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4 – Integration 8 – Quality
- 4.3 Direct and Manage Project Execution
- 8.1 Plan Quality
- 8.2 Perform Quality Assurance
- 8.3 Perform Quality Control
As a Category C ‘Self Directed Learning Activity’ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder’
Click to register for the September 22nd presentation of Ajax,SOA, WebService Applications Free Open Source Build and Test Workshop