Live Webinar September 28 2011 – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
Offered by IAG Consulting (REP 2858)
Duration 1 hour 1 PDU or 1 CDU 1 Category A – Free PDU
This session is a deep dive into requirements documentation issues showing examples of good documentation practices, and samples of materials that only look good on the surface, but have significant buried problems.
- Know what material must be present in high quality requirements documentation.
- See how documentation defects impact project performance.
- Learn how to simplify your strategy for documentation by focusing on the right information at the right time.
Click to register for Inside Effective Business Requirements Documentation
Live Webinar September 29, 2011 – 11:00 am to 12:00 pm EST
Presented by the Corporate Education Group ( REP 1011 )
Duration: 1 Hour Credits: 1 PDU Category A Free Course Id: MDW1258
Meetings are an opportunity to bring out the best in people in a collaborative, safe environment. Meetings can also be an incredible waste of time and resources if they’re not managed effectively. Creating an effective meeting involves making a series of conscious choices, and also preparing, conducting, and following through.
This webinar concentrates on how to use meeting effectiveness tools and best practices to promote energizing, focused meetings that produce results; it also provides opportunities to discuss specific meeting challenges and how to successfully facilitate your way to resolution.
What You Will Learn:
- Foundation tools to set the stage for meeting effectiveness
- Steps and actions to successfully manage the 3 phases of a meeting: Before, During, and After
- How to prepare an action agenda
- Strategies to keep participants engaged and focused
- Facilitation skills and techniques to guide meeting interactions
- Guidelines and tips for managing difficult behaviors and situations
This is also available as a recorded webinar – register to receive access.
About the Presenter:
Crystell Anthony, M.Ed., MBTI®, CAGS from Northeastern University, and a certified State Trainer for Massachusetts, is a Lead Consultant for Corporate Education Group and Principal and founder of her own consulting company, The Focus Group. Crystell has successfully designed and facilitated training programs in the public and corporate sectors for executive, managerial, and administrative professionals since 1979. Crystell’s training programs are known for containing simplified â€œbest practicesâ€ for easy on-the-job applications and have been successfully installed in organizations across the globe.
Click to register for the September 29th presentation of Less Pain, More Gain: Best Practices for More Effective Meetings
Live Webinar September 29 2011 – 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Duration: 1 hour webinar Credits: 1 PDU Category A – $15 USD PDU
Presented by: Solutions Cube Group (REP 2451)
This webinar is the fourth in a 6 part series series of Project Leadership vs. Project Management by Solutions Cube. An overview of the information in the 6 Part Series was held September 1st, September 8th was Team Focus & Support, September 15 was Personal Growth, and September 22 was Team Development. Each module in the series can be taken individually. The entire series qualifies for up up to 7 pdus .
Many people are project managers but few exhibit project leadership skills. Project leadership is one of the dimensions that differentiates effective project managers from non-effective project managers.
Being a leader requires more than managing the mechanics of a project. Effective leaders possess certain leadership attributes and skills.
- Do you practice truthful, direct, and constructive communication?
- Do you measure team success using balanced scorecards?
- Do you facilitate efficient team meetings? Do you practice active listening?
- Do you treat everyone with courtesy and respect?
Attend this 1 hour presentation to learn how improving your project leadership is a journey of continuous improvement and starts with self assessment. Discover leadership attributes and tips for improving project leadership.
In this 1 hour in-depth webinar participants learn:
- Differences between project leadership and project management
- How to assess your project leadership skills in the area of team focus and support**
- Distinguishing characteristics and qualities of a leader and practical tips for improvement
- Practical tips for:
- – truthful, direct, and constructive communication
- – active listening
- – treating people with courtesy and respect
- Fundamentals of balanced scorecards
- Keys to effective and efficient team meetings
- Developmental activities for sharpening your leadership attributes and skills
Solutions Cube Group webinars are presented by experienced staff members and partners who have over 30 years of experience managing projects and developing and running facilitated project meetings and delivering project management training courses.
Who Should Attend This Webinar:
- General Managers
- Team Members
- Project Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Project Leads
- Program Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Business Leads
For more info contact:
Carly Burek at 972.786.0900 or email@example.com
Earn 1 PDU by attending this Webinar. SPACE IS LIMITED. To secure a seat Register Now.
Click to purchase Project Leadership vs. Project Management Series 4 of 6: Leadership Attributes and Skills
Live Webinar 2 Offerings
September 28, 2011 10:00 am – 10:30 am EDT
September 28, 2011 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm EDT
Duration: 30 Minutes Credits: 0.50 PDU Category C – Free PDU
Presented by: Competitive Solutions Inc.
In an ever-changing workplace one constant is the need to have the best qualified, most engaged employees.
Today’s leaders have more generationally diverse teams than ever before and it’s important to have an understanding of the challenges, opportunities and best practices in leading multi-generational teams.
What You’ll Learn in this Webinar:
- Understanding the different Generations and how they think, act and react
- Possible issues leaders face with diverse generations on their team
- Tools and processes leaders can implement to leverage different strengths
- Best practices for building a stronger Multi-Generational Team
PDU Category C documentation details:
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4- Integration 9 – Human Resources
- 4.3 Direct and Monitor Project Execution
- 9.3 Develop Project Team
- 9.4 Manage Project Team
As a Category C ‘Self Directed Learning Activity’ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder’
Click to register for the September 28, 2011 10:00 am session of Leading Multi-Generational Teams
Click to register for the September 28, 2011 1:00 pm session of Leading Multi-Generational Teams
Live Webinar September 28 2011 – 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT
Duration: 1 hour live webinar Credits: 1 PDU Category B – Free PDU
Presented by PROJECTinsight (Metafuse Inc)ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿
Waiting until the project is delivered to the customer is not the time to confirm, or not confirm, that objectives of the project are met.
Project managers and business analysts must understand how to analyze the various risks of the project objectives and develop ways to intermittently validate the attainment of those objectives.
Learn the roles and responsibilities of the project manager, business analyst and quality assurance teams in successful project delivery.
An online prerecorded version of this topic is also available from 9/22/2010. In order to claim a Category B PDU after watching the prerecorded version contact PROJECTinsight (Metafuse Inc)ï»¿ and advise them of the Date and Time you watched this prerecorded event along with your information and request a Category B PDU Certificate.
Click to register for Validating Requirements