IT in the Lean EnterprisePosted by EdmontonPM
Live Webinar – May 1st, 2011Â 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm EDT
Presented by:Â The Advisory Council
Duration: 1 Hour 1Â Category CÂ PDU – Free PDU
In these cases, the best outcome is that IT is merely relegated to a supporting utility role in the enterprise; in the worst cases, IT actually contributes to the failure of the lean efforts to deliver leanâ€™s promised benefits. Where IT is tightly integrated into an enterpriseâ€™s lean culture, the outcomes are far more positive, with customer satisfaction and profits both increasing, as one expects from a successful lean transformation.
Using several real-world examples which illustrate the results that can be achieved from engaging IT in an enterpriseâ€™s lean journey, TAC Expert Dan Miklovic will explore the best options for making IT an integral part of a lean transformation.
Hot issues to be addressed include:
- What is lean; and why are so many enterprises pursuing lean?
- How is IT impacted, both functionally and operationally, when an enterprise pursues lean?
- How can IT assess its lean maturity, so lean benefits remain and do not become transient?
PDU Category C documentation details:
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4- Integration
- 4.1 Develop Project Charter
- 4.2 Develop Project Management Plan
- 4.3 Direct and Monitor Project Execution
As a Category C â€˜Self Directed Learning Activityâ€™ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your â€˜PDU Audit Trail Folderâ€™
Click to register for IT in the Lean Enterprise