IT in the Lean EnterprisePosted by EdmontonPM
Live Webinar – May 1st, 2011 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm EDT
Presented by: The Advisory Council
Duration: 1 Hour 1 Category C PDU – Free PDU
In these cases, the best outcome is that IT is merely relegated to a supporting utility role in the enterprise; in the worst cases, IT actually contributes to the failure of the lean efforts to deliver lean’s promised benefits. Where IT is tightly integrated into an enterprise’s lean culture, the outcomes are far more positive, with customer satisfaction and profits both increasing, as one expects from a successful lean transformation.
Using several real-world examples which illustrate the results that can be achieved from engaging IT in an enterprise’s lean journey, TAC Expert Dan Miklovic will explore the best options for making IT an integral part of a lean transformation.
Hot issues to be addressed include:
- What is lean; and why are so many enterprises pursuing lean?
- How is IT impacted, both functionally and operationally, when an enterprise pursues lean?
- How can IT assess its lean maturity, so lean benefits remain and do not become transient?
PDU Category C documentation details:
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4- Integration
- 4.1 Develop Project Charter
- 4.2 Develop Project Management Plan
- 4.3 Direct and Monitor Project Execution
As a Category C ‘Self Directed Learning Activity’ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder’
Click to register for IT in the Lean Enterprise