Thinking correctly under pressure:
How do you prepare for tough choices in achieving operational excellence?
Live Webinar – May 22nd, 2011 11:00 am – 12:00 pm EDT
Duration: 1 Hour Credits: 1 PDU Category CÂ - Free PDU
Sponsored by: PEXÂ – The Process Excellence Network
Note: This session has since been renamed “Going for Gold: How Top Companies Make High Performance a Daily Discipline”
We typically think of high performance as significant achievement under pressure – the Olympic athlete who wins the gold medal, the football star who scores the winning goal. But top performing athletes know that high performance is not a one-off event. It is the result of daily discipline, practice, coaching and continual improvement.
In operational terms, the best organizations sustain long-term competitive advantage by maintaining high levels of productivity, optimising processes and managing cost. For these organizations mobilizing for high performance is not a one off event , it is a daily discipline that needs to be developed and sustained.
As Olympic athletes prepare to compete in the next global sporting extravaganza they all have three things in common: they want to achieve their very best, they are making tough choices about how they spend their time, and they are all seeking specialist advice and coaching every step of the way.
In this webinar you will:
- Identify the characteristics of high performance culture and recognise cultural readiness when embarking on significant change
- Understand why business leaders need to have â€œdecision-making disciplineâ€ in order to make high performance business the norm
- Learn eight reoccurring choices required to under-pin operational excellence
- Explore the importance of doing the basics right and continually improving through monitoring and feedback mechanisms
Presenter: Martin Wing (LinkedIn profile) Regional Managing Director – Europe Kepner-Tregoe
PDU Category C documentation details
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4 – Integration 9 – Human Resources
- 4.1 Develop Project Management Charter
- 4.2 Develop Project Management Plan
- 9.3 Develop Project Team
As a Category C â€˜Self Directed Learning Activityâ€™ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your â€˜PDU Audit Trail Folderâ€™