Managing Uncertainty in Resource AvailabilityPosted by EdmontonPM
Live Webinar – May 22nd, 2012 2:00 pmÂ EDT
Presented by: Eclipse Project Portfolio Management
Duration: 1 hour 1 PDUs Credits: Category C 1 PDU- Free PDU
Resource availability is a key source of negative risk to projects. Even if your project has well-defined scope and validated activity effort estimates, if the resources you are provided are working on multiple projects and operational activities, predictability of schedule outcomes is poor.
This webinar will review some options for responding to this risk from both a systemic and project-focused perspective.
- Understand the criticality of uncertain resource availability on project outcomes.
- Learn which approaches for getting better knowledge of resource availability won’t work in your organization.
- Gain a better understanding of the pros and cons of the practices that can successfully incorporate resource availability uncertainty into project planning and tracking.
PDU Category C documentation details:
Process Groups: InitiatingÂ & Executing, Planning
Knowledge Areas: 11 – Risk
- 11.1Â Plan Risk Management
- 11.2Â Identify Risks
- 11.5Â Plan Risk Responses
As a Category C â€˜Self Directed Learning Activityâ€™ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your â€˜PDU Audit Trail Folderâ€™
Who should attend this webinar?
Managers/Directors of PMOs, Project Managers
NOTE: You may have to hit the MORE… link to register for this session on the registration page.
Click to register forÂ Managing Uncertainty in Resource Availability