Best Practices in Targeted Legacy Modernization
Live Webinar March 5th, 2014 12:00 am – 1:00 pm EST
Duration: 1 Hour Credits: 1 PDU Category C – Free PDU
Presented by: Decision Management Solutions
Many government organizations are coping with aging legacy systems that are:
- costly to maintain,
- difficult to change and
- lack the modern architecture needed to satisfy today’s consumer.
Instead of trying to replace an entire system with the high risks and costs involved in such a project, these government organizations are instead adopting a decision management approach and business rules management systems to target their modernization efforts where they have the biggest impact.
In this live webinarJames Taylor (LinkedIn profile) andClaye Greene (LinkedIn profile) will share know how and best practices from their extensive experience helping clients modernize their legacy systems with the targeted decision management approach.
In this session you will learn:
- Why you don’t need to modernize the whole application.
- Why focusing on business rules is not enough and why decision management is the essential ingredient
- How to use decision modeling to identify and scope targeted legacy modernization efforts
PDU Category C (PMBOK 5) documentation details:
Process Groups: Planning Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4 – Integration 5 – Scope 8 – Quality
- 4.3 Direct and Manage Project Work
- 4.4 Monitor & Control Project Work
- 5.2 Collect Requirements
- 5.3 Define Scope
- 8.1 Plan Quality Management
As a Category C, ‘Self Directed Learning’, activity remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder.’
Click to register for Best Practices in Targeted Legacy Modernization in Government