Live Webinar March 13th, 2014, 9:00 am – 10:00 am EDT or
Live Webinar March 13th, 2014, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Duration:1 hr Webcast – Up to 1 Category C PDU - Free PDU
Hosted By: Gartner Webinars
Digitization, mobile applications and a business environment that require rapid response are significantly changing the environment in which most organizations are conducting projects and programs.
While there has always been pressure for “faster, better and cheaper,” all three of these terms are taking on new meanings – and classic PMOs located in IT are poorly equipped to deal with them.
Where providing visibility and enforcing consistency and controls were rewarded in the past, there will just be a single significant metric in the future – value contributed.
- How PMOs will evolve from local compliance activities to value contributed
- How PPM leaders should adjust their practices to execute in an uncertain environment that demands speed and requires ongoing innovation
- How demand should be handled to ensure priorities are met, resources are available and benefits are realized
Presenter: Audrey L. Apfel, (LinkedIn profile) Managing VP
PDU Category C (PMBOK 5) documentation details:
Process Groups: Planning, Monitoring & Controlling
Knowledge Areas: 4 – Integration
- 4.1 Develop Project Charter
- 4.2 Develop Project Management Plan
As a Category C ‘Self Directed Learning Activity’ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder’
Click to register for Program and Portfolio Management: It’s All About Value Contribution