Live March 6th, 2014 – 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm EST
Presented by : Power Seminars
Duration: 2 Hours Credits: 2 Category B PDUs – $39/$79 2 PDUs
NOTE: Early Bird savings 2 PDUs only $39.00 before February 28th $79.00 after that.
Are you frustrated and tired at the end of your International Development project and don’t know what to do about it? Are you having challenges with your sponsors and funders and their requirements with their metrics?
Then International Development Projects – Challenges and Opportunities webinar is for you.
Why you should attend
- Do you know how to improve the effectivness of International Development Projects?
- Did you know that the success rate of projects has been measured to go up from 15% to 50% using Project Management methodology?
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is widely recognized all around the world, with PMI members numbering around 500,000. After following the PMI´s methodologies, the success rate of projects has been measured to go up from 15% to 50%. PMBOK is generally better known in the private sector and lacks a strong recognition in the world of international development projects and programs.
The PMBOK is an important conceptual framework for developing projects and presents an opportunity and a way forward to reform international development management practices. Nevertheless it is underutilized and PMI certification is not yet seen as a real asset for donor institutions and host countries.
So how can we effectively show the advantages of Project Management to attract multilateral, bilateral donor agencies and project managers that work in International development projects?
From social development to infrastructure, international development projects face their unique challenges. Problems that cause many project failures are attributed to institutional rather than technical issues. In order to transform the challenges to opportunities, International Development projects should be managed using proven tools and techniques, the same way as standard projects.
The objective of this two hour Webinar is to grow awareness of how organizations would benefit a great deal if they were to adopt the effective project management and project management skills that PMBOK has to offer.
- Appreciate the possibilities and the range of tools and techniques that project management has to offer the International Development world
- Understand how donor organizations would benefit by adopting Project Management methodology for International Development Projects
- Comprehend that it’s a proven technique that allows both donor institutions and host countries to speak a common language.
- Learn how Project Management methodology can provide a common structured environment with standards and measurable techniques.
- Realize how Project Management can offer basic tools that improve performance and save time
Presenter: Esen Akter Tekinel, PMP (LinkedIn profile)
Early Bird Special (register before February 28th, 2014) – save 50%!
Click to register for International Development Project Management