With the myriad of mobile devices, operating systems, and networks in the marketplace today and the influx of BYOD workplaces, mobile testing is a daunting task.
If functional and performance testing priorities and objectives are not fully aligned with your end-user expectations and business risks, the result can be a very public failure.
You’ll leave this session with a keen understanding of mobile application testing proven practices and real-world examples of what to do right—and what to avoid.
Key takeaways include how to:
- Ensure an end-to-end user experience that delivers five-star quality for mobile apps
- Incorporate best practices into mobile functional and performance testing
- Account for numerous devices, operating systems, and networks
- Test according to application store requirements—Apple, Google Play, etc.
PDU Category C (PMBOK 5) documentation details:
Process Groups: Executing
Knowledge Areas: 4- Integration 5 – Scope 8 – Quality
- 4.3 Direct and Manage Project Work
- 5.3 Define Scope
- 8.1 Plan Quality Management
- 8.2 Perform Quality Assurance
As a Category C ‘Self Directed Learning Activity’ remember to document your learning experience and its relationship to project management for your ‘PDU Audit Trail Folder’
Click to register for Optimizing Mobile Applications Through Functional & Performance Testing