Live Webinar – September 28th, 2016 – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
Activity Type: Education – Course or Training 1 Hour 1 PDU free
Provider: BATimes (Diversified Business Communications REP 1811)
BI is clearly a top priority for organizations:
Gartner estimates close to 90% of the world’s organizations have already implemented some form of a BI capability.
They estimate annual worldwide spend on big data hardware, software and professional services tops $30B, with annual spend on advanced and predictive analytics close behind.
- What does this mean to your BA career?
- Have you considered the role of BI BA?
- Does data, information and analytics intrigue you?
- Have you noticed how much of your work already involves this?
- What did inclusion of a BI perspective in BABOK V3 mean to you?
- What would a role in BI as a BA entail? What would you need to fill this role?
Pam Clavier provides context for the BA considering the BI BA role. She explains the role that the BA needs to fill in a BI team and typical BA deliverables as part of the project delivery lifecycle.
- The differences and similarities between the BI BA and a Business Analyst;
- Examines common challenges experienced and …
- Sheds light on how to use your existing BA skillset to your BI team’s advantage.
In terms of typical BA BI deliverables, we reflect on real-life examples to demonstrate “a day in the life” of a BI BA.
The example recounts steps taken on BA BI deliverables, lessons learned on the particular deliverable, challenges overcome and how traditional BA skills were integrated into the BI BA role to add value.
Course Learning Objectives Include:
- Understand the role, responsibilities and skills required in context of the BI team
- Challenges and opportunities in pursuing a successful career as a BI BA
- Learn about BI BA deliverables as part of the SDLC of a project in the form of a case study
With the Course You Will Receive:
- Access to the Live and Recorded Version of Webinar
- Personalized Certificate of Attendance
- Copy of Presentation Slides
Presenter: Pam Clavier (LinkedIn profile) CBAP PMP is an Information Systems (IS) professional with 15+ years’ experience in Business Analysis, Change Management, Management Consulting, Project Management and Training in the full SDLC from initiation to support. An In demand Keynote Speaker, she led project teams and has managed BA and PM resources as a Senior Manager in a Business Intelligence (BI) department. Pam has a Doctorate in IS, on a BI topic. Her thesis and published articles are available on her website .
Click to register for:
So, You Want To Be A BI BA?
|Technical Project Management||Leadership||Strategic & Business Management|
NOTE: For PMI® Audit Purposes – Print Out This Post! Take notes on this page during the presentation and also indicate the Date & Time you attended. Note any information from the presentation you found useful to your professional development and place it in your audit folder.