Live Webinar – December 3rd, 2014 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EST
Offered by IAG Consulting (REP 2858)
Duration 1 hour 1 PDU / 1 CDU 1 Category A PDU – Free PDU
Demystify a wide range of agile & traditional requirements / development methodologies!
This session looks at the strengths and weaknesses of each approach and gives prescriptive guidelines to requirements leadership looking to improve results by striking a better balance between agile and disciplined practices.
These practices are not mutually exclusive – the real issue is to look at your current circumstances and find the right balance to maximize success.
- Look at the structure of agility and discipline-based methods
- Provide guidelines for adding agile practices to traditional software development environments
- Provide guidelines for reapplying traditional development practices to the agile software development environment.
This session refocuses the agility versus discipline dialogue.
Click to register for Harmonizing Agility & Discipline
Live Webinar – August 13th, 2014 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm EDT
Offered by IAG Consulting (REP 2858)
Duration 1 hour 1 PDU or 1 CDU 1 Cat A Free
So you’ve been assigned a complex,
poorly defined project concept
So now what?
Nothing is worse (or better) for a senior project manager or analyst than being handed a project that is: strategic, very large, and way outside your comfort zone in complexity. These projects will sometimes roll around the halls of big companies for months while they struggle to gain sufficient momentum and clarity to really move forward with a sense of purpose and direction.
Let’s say one of these career-bruisers/-builders is yours? What do you do next?
This session is about the tactics of early-stage project intake and clarification – getting clarity efficiently.
- Inside the project intake process – why is intake so dysfunctional?
- The action plan – simple steps that drive project clarity and milestones that deliver benefit.
- Targeted result – time tested deliverables that work
Click To Register for Fast Tracking Project Concepts
Live Webinar May 15th, 2014 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Duration: 1 hour webinar Credits: 1 PDU Category A – $15 USD PDU
Presented by: Solutions Cube Group (REP 2451)
This webinar is third in a four part series series on The Role Of The PM by Solutions Cube. Although this module is a part of the series – each module in the series can be taken individually.
So, you’ve worked on a lot of projects and know how to develop scope and requirements deliverables, but what are the Project Manager’s responsibilities during the development of these deliverables?
Attend this 1 hour live webinar learn what the Project Manager must do to ensure that scope is determined, managed, and approved and to develop and approve project requirements.
In this 1 hour in-depth webinar participants learn:
- The components for defining a complete Project Scope Statement
- The components of defining clear Business Requirement Statements
- The process for defining Technical Requirements
EARN 1 PDU after viewing this webinar
Click to purchase Managing the Project Scope and Requirements – Role Of the PM Series 3 of 4
Live Webinar – May 14th, 2014 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Offered by MPUG WebnLearn ( REP 1369 )
Duration 1 hour - 1 PDU / 1 CDU Free With MPUG Membership
Mpug Member Free
In the second of the four-part “Digging Deeper” series of MPUG webinars, the “Learning More Using Constraints” presentation will help you to gain in-depth knowledge about the purpose of constraints and how to use them most effectively.
This presentation will include the following topics:
- Understanding And Using Constraints
- What is a Constraint?
- Setting a Constraint
- Accidentally Setting Constraints
- Task Updates and Constraints
- When to Use a Constraint
- When a Constraint Is Not Needed
- Removing Unnecessary Constraints
Presenter: Dale Howard, (LinkedIn profile) MS Project MVP (2004), MCT, MCTS, CTT, MCITP, MVP, MCT, MCTS, CTT, MCITP Dale manages educational services for MSProjectExperts. Dale is an enterprise project management trainer/consultant with more than 12 years of training experience, Dale volunteers many hours each week answering user questions in the various Project news groups in the Microsoft Communities.
If you are NOT ALREADY a member JOIN MPUG!
This event is for members only BUTâ€¦. Even if you only take the 3 session 6 hour MPUG Project Portfolio Management Masterclass (6 Category A PDUs) the$129 Per Year Membership Fee is a terrific value to get the PPM MPUG Certificate and add it to your resume.
MPUG Membership also includes:
- MPUG’s Project Server and SharePoint certificated courses available to members
- Over 30 other virtual PDU events per year
- You can network with other MPUG (Microsoft Project Users Group) members at in person meetings and events.
- Work with Microsoft MVPs in MS Project Project Server & SharePoint
- And so much more â€¦â€¦.
Seriously consider joining MPUG if you work with SharePoint or Project & earn all the PDUs you will need as a member of MPUG!
Click to register for Digging Deeper: Learning More about Using Constraints
Live Webinar May 16th, 2014 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm EDT
Offered by: Solutions Cube Group (Rep 2451) $15.00 USD
Attendees will be awarded 1 Cat A PDU for participating.
This webinar is the third in a 3 part series series on Collaboration by Solutions Cube. Although this module is a part of the series – each module in the series can be taken individually.
The PMBOK® refers to the concept of progressive elaboration as a recommended method for defining the project’s scope and producing project outcomes.
Many teams struggle with applying progressive elaboration or lack the knowledge to apply these techniques in manner which allows for continual clarification of the project scope versus expanding the boundaries of the project scope.
In this 1 hour live in-depth Webinar participants learn how to:
- Apply progressive elaboration concepts on the creation of project deliverables
- Use the Wave Concept to develop project deliverables in a collaborative meeting setting
- Keep stakeholders focused on the deliverable or task at hand during meetings
- Structure a progress elaboration meeting activity expand the depth of knowledge for a deliverable without expanding the scope of the project effort
Join Solutions Cube for this 1 hour in depth presentation to learn how to avoid allowing progressive elaboration to become an uncontrolled scope creep dilemma on their projects. This is part 3 of a three part series presented by Solutions Cube.
Click here to register for Applying Progressive Elaboration Techniques on Projects
Live Webinar May 7th, 2014 – 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm EDT
Presented by the Corporate Education Group (REP 1011) Course ID: MDW1260
Duration: 1 Hour Credits: 1 Category A PDU – Free PDU
Are you looking for techniques for successfully scoping a project?
Then, this webinar is for you!
You’ll not only explore how to get from a starting point to an end result that satisfies the business goal, but you’ll also examine the requirements process and learn strategies for successfully managing scope changes; in addition, you’ll distinguish between product and project scope, and also discover how your project team can set boundaries and better manage stakeholder expectations.
Key learning points include:
- Best practices for identifying and documenting scope
- Difference between product and project scope
- Techniques for identifying requirements and managing changes
About the Presenter: Bonnie Cooper (LinkedIn profile), PMP®, Instructor and Consultant for Corporate Education Group, is a twenty-year information technology professional. In her current role as the Program Director for the Massachusetts Medical Society’s (MMS) Corporate IT Program Office, Bonnie is responsible for coordinating the efforts of project teams, overseeing the implementation of project standards, managing the corporate IT strategic plan, and leading the program to re-engineer the membership platform for MMS.
Click to register for Effective Scope Management: Beginning with the End in Mind