Online Webinar – Recorded
Duration: 1 hr Credits: 1 PDU Category A – $12.95 USD PDU
Presented by: Solutions Cube Group (REP 2451)
This webinar is the First in a 4 part series series on Managing Risk by Solutions Cube. Although this module is a part of the series – each module in the series can be taken individually.
Uncertainty Is Not The Same As Risk
As with many things in life, all projects are subject to uncertainty, however uncertainty is not the same as “risk”. Because all projects are initiated to produce change in the current environment, risk during the project lifecycle is a natural occurrence.
Project Risks can be negative “threats” to be minimized as well as positive “opportunities” to be exploited during the life of a project.
Effective Project Risk Management recognizes both types of risks and is the key contributor to “project success”, but effective Risk Management doesn’t just happen – it is orchestrated and managed throughout the project lifecycle.
The Risk Management Series of in depth webinars will introduce participants to techniques for defining a Risk Management Process and using this process to progressively build a Risk Register.
The Risk Register will include:
- Identifying risks using a Risk Meta-Language,
- Assessing Risks with quantitative techniques,
- Understanding the 8 risk responses and selecting the appropriate Risk Response for the project risks
- Monitoring risks throughout the project.
In this 1 hour in-depth webinar participants learn:
- The difference between Project Risk and Uncertainty
- The value of including Opportunities and Threats in the scope of risk management
- How to recognize the characteristics of a successful risk management effort
- How to avoid factors that lead to failed risk management activities
- The steps for preparing to run a successful risk management effort
Solutions Cube Group’s Preparing for the Successful Risk Management Effort will help your project teams understand the characteristics of a successful risk management effort.
The sessions will share techniques that can be used on every risk management effort to understand the risk culture of an organization and achieve a more effective risk management effort that balances the impacts of project uncertainties with the effort needed to prevent or encourage the uncertain events.
EARN 1 PDU after viewing this webinar
PLEASE NOTE: If you are on the Solutions Group Site and receive a message that your cart is empty when you go to check out – this is because you are not yet signed in to your account on their site – or you have not registered for a free account on their site.
To resolve this issue simply click the “person” icon on the top of the course description page and either sign in or register. You can then return to the course Description page and add the course to your cart.
Click to purchase Preparing for Successful Risk Management: Risk Series 1 of 4